Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sure Rock of Love



"When the storms of life come to wash you out to sea, the rock of love will keep you."

If you ever go to Maui, you have to take the road to Hana.  Maybe not for the thrill of trying to keep from getting car sick, but for the lovely scenery that will captivate your imagination. After all the exploration and tromping to all the different water falls, you might seriously be tempted to pack your bags and move to paradise. For my wife and I this was true, the only problem, was trying to come up with a million dollars to buy a place. So we had to settle on making a trip in the future and just give our imagination a place to romance about.

This picture is element of this beauty. As we walked along the lava beach, I noticed a wave crashing into the rocks.  My thought was, "Ooh, if I can capture that, what an amazing picture that would be."   So patiently waiting, the waves began to build, and when the crash came, my camera was there to capture it.  As you see, this splashing wave gave way to the inspiration of "Sure Rock of Love." 

For me the rocks represent a firm foundation and the waves remind me of the constant crashing of life's storm.  The promise of having a foundation that will not erode or give way is love.  Not the emotional feelings, but the unconditional kind that is guaranteed to never fail. 

Love need be the focus of our existence. We must find its true source and make our home there.





Photographs




No comments:

Post a Comment